Setting up Procedure
The first team playing on Middle Head Oval on Saturday is usually a juniors team with an 8.30am kick-off. The manager of that team is responsible for the set-up. You will need a minimum of 4 adults to set up the field for play.
- Remove caps over goal post footings. Place caps close to goalposts, but off the playing surface. Then a minimum of 4 adults carry the posts horizontally and lift onto the footings.
- Put up 2 goal nets and 6 corner and centre flags which are found in the lockup below the changing rooms (you may need some electrical tape to secure the nets to the posts). Nets are to be pegged fully into the ground with the lump hammer (found in toolbox) to avoid creating a trip hazard. The toolbox is to be replaced in the clubhouse. Place 4 corner posts on the outer corners of the intersection of goalline and sideline and the 2 centre flags a metre off the pitch, in line with the halfway line.
Packing Away Procedure
The last team playing on Middle Head Oval on Saturday is usually a seniors team with a 3pm kick-off.
- Nets are to be taken down and placed into the wheelie bin and put with the 6 flags in the lockup below the changing rooms. Pegs should be replaced in the toolbox which is stored with the nets and flags. Make sure that no pegs are left in the ground as these could cause injury.
- Remove goalposts and place in the slots by the baseball nets. Replace caps over footings and tighten bolts.
- Make sure all rubbish is picked up and placed in the bins next to the changing rooms.
Additional procedure for AL1s Games
Roping off of the touchline must be carried out for all matches played by Premiers and AL1s (first and reserves). Any fines handed out by MWFA for not doing so will be passed on to the team responsible.
Stake out a rope along the touchline a metre from the line on the road side of the oval. Use the lump hammer in the toolbox to anchor stakes into the ground.