Information for the Summer 2017/18 Tournament
Please read ALL the information below before registering a team or emailing questions
- Location: Georges Heights Oval, Mosman
- Dates for 2017 (7 or more matches for juniors and 12 matches for seniors): Due to the renovations Momsan Council will be performing at Georges Heights Oval, we are unable to guarantee that we can start the competition until 30 October/1 November. If Council finishes their work prior to that week, we will start the competition earlier. The junior competitions will end in mid-December, while the senior competitions will also go through February 2018.
- Juniors – Mondays: 30 October to 11 December 2017
- Juniors – Wednesdays: 1 November to 13 December 2017
- Seniors – Mondays: 30 October to 11 December 2017 and 29 January to 26 February 2018
- Seniors – Wednesdays: 1 November to 13 December 2017 and 31 January to 28 February 2018
Game Timetable for 2017 season
Start Times Field 1 Field 2 Field 3 Field 4 Field 5 Field 6 Field 7 Field 8 4:20pm U6 U6 U6 U7 U7 U7 5:00pm U9/U10 U9/U10 U9/U10 U9/U10 W10 W10 5.40pm U11 U11 U11 U11 U11 6.20pm U13/U14 U13/U14 U13/U14 U13/U14 U14/U16 U14/U16 U14/U16 U14/U16 7.00pm Men AL/O35 Men AL/O35 Men AL/O35 Men AL/O35 Men AL/O35 Men AL/O35 Men AL/O35 Men AL/O35 7.45pm Pack-up Pack-up Pack-up Pack-up Pack-up Pack-up Pack-up Pack-up
Start Times Field 1 Field 2 Field 3 Field 4 Field 5 Field 6 Field 7 Field 8 4.20pm U6 U6 W10/W11 W10/W11 W8 W8 W8 5.00pm U7/U8 U7/U8 U7/U8 U7/U8 U7/U8 U7/U8 W10/W11 W10/W11 5.40pm U10 U10 U10 U10 U10 W11 W11 W11 6.20pm U12 U12 U12 U12 U12 U12 W13/W14 W13/W14 7.00pm W AL/O35 W AL/O35 W AL/O35 W AL/O35 W AL/O35 W AL/O35 W AL/O35 W13/W14 7.45pm Pack-up Pack-up Pack-up Pack-up Pack-up Pack-up Pack-up Pack-up
- All players must arrive 20 minutes before the game is due to begin to sign in and warm up
- All players in games at 4:20pm must arrive by 4pm and may be asked to help set up
- All managers must sign the team sheets
- All players in games commencing at 7pm must help pack up – one goal per team
Depending on the number of teams in a division, there may be a final or the winner may be the team with the highest number of points at the end of the competition. Once we know the final number of teams in each division, we will let teams know the final format. Senior competitions will all have finals. There will be a maximum of 16 senior men’s teams.
- Playing Rules. 30 minutes games for all junior divisions, 40 minute games for all senior/AL teams, Futsal rules – e.g. no throw-ins, goal kicks, slide tackles. Goal throw-ins should not cross the half-way line. Teams losing by 5 goals can add an extra player. Detailed playing rules will be posted prior to the start of the season. U6 teams will play 4-a-side with no goalkeeper.
- Registration. Please note the registration process as all players must register firstly in a team, and then online with MyFootballClub. Individuals not in a team will only be accepted if space is available once teams have registered, so will not be confirmed until mid-to late September. 2017 registration fees per player will be reduced to $85 per junior player and will remain at $140 per senior player, plus FNSW fees for all players (which covers player insurance among other things).
- Team Shirts. Team T-shirts in one of 12 colours are included in the registration fee. Alternative team shirts are allowed, but must not clash with the official colours. Orders must be received by early September to be ready in time to be picked up on the first night. Final orders will be taken at the first game, and bibs should be worn until the shirts are available.
- Training. No scheduled training, but teams with byes/forfeits will be given a coaching session instead of a match.
- Age Group Information. Use this information to determine which age group you should enter. Please note, age groups may be combined to provide the best possible competition in 6, 8 or 10 team divisions at the discretion of MFC. Junior divisions younger than U12 are non-competitive, so no competition tables will be kept – this is an FFA rule to ensure younger children’s football is about fun and development rather than winning at all costs. We encourage teams of Academy players to play ‘up’ a year in order to provide them with a greater challenge and more enjoyment for all players. A “W” team for junior teams consists of at least 3 female players, 2 of whom must be playing outfield at all times. Both male and female players can be in the corresponding age group (i.e. up to 1 year older than the equivalent all male team) to be competitive with all male teams.
U6 born in 2011 or 2012
U7 born in 2010
U8 born in 2009
U9 born in 2008
U10 born in 2007
U11 born in 2006
U12 born in 2005
U13 born in 2004
U14 born in 2003
U15 born in 2002
U16 born in 2001
U18 born in 1999
Seniors/AL any age
Match day Information
There will be eight fields set up at GHO, all using metal goalposts.
All players must bring turf football boots or sneakers to every game. Turf football boots are best for dry, hard conditions and will generally cope with wet weather in summer too. No boots with metal studs permitted under any circumstances. Boots with plastic blades may be worn if:
- Mosman Council groundsman agrees conditions require them; and
- Playing without blades would be unsafe; or
- Both teams agree
Teams not abiding by this rule are liable to forfeit the game. Examples of different footwear types are shown below:
Grounds Rules: Please note the Harbour Trust rules that apply to Georges Heights:
“Intoxicating liquor shall not be taken onto any public reserve and consumed thereon”
“No smoking of any form on or around all Council playing fields”
“Dogs are not allowed on the oval (but can be walked on the footpaths on a lead)”
Referees will be provided. Interested in refereeing? Please email email@example.com.
Wet Weather Line
Should you be in any doubt whether the oval will be open please refer to the wet weather app and check the status of Georges Heights. DO NOT email the club as you will only be referred to the app which will be updated immediately if the grounds are closed. We will try our best to play all scheduled rounds, even if it is raining but may need to close grounds at the last minute should weather conditions render it unsafe to play (e.g. lightning).
- Rules of the competition – will be provided prior to the start of the season
Managers should download a copy of the rules for reference, particularly if the team has not played in the MFC 5-a-side competition before. Team managers should ensure all players understand the playing rules.
- Manager Match Day Notes – will be provided prior to the start of the season.
- Game draw and results tables (for U12 teams and up): will be posted weekly during the competition.
If you still have questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.