After years of discussions with Mosman FC and other local sporting groups, Mosman Council has developed plans for a spectacular new pavilion at Allan Border Oval.
The current building is not fit for purpose, suffers from sewerage overflow after heavy rain and does not provide an adequate home for the local sporting groups who use it, mainly Mosman FC and Mosman Cricket. You can see all the plans in this council document.
Please express your support for the plan by making a submission to Mosman Council using this link.
Some of the key features we're excited about:
- Modern design grandstand from which to view matches and training sessions
- Upstairs function area with a kitchen, opening out onto a covered terrace
- Canteen and outdoor BBQ area that will allow for a more community feel
- Modern change room and shower facilities that meet the needs of both male and female players and match officials
- Space for our club to display our trophies and honour boards
- Landscaping that includes space for a netball and basketball hoop and better access for all
We need your help to get this important project underway. As the current building has an occasional childcare facility and that facility will not be incorporated into the new design, there will be opposition to this project. We hope that Mosman Council will find an alternative location for those facilities but do not want to miss this opportunity to provide sporting clubs and the local community with a modern, fit-for-purpose community pavilion which we can all enjoy and be proud of.
Please express your support for the plan by making a submission to Mosman Council using this link (noting the application number (008.2019.00000072.001) and address (Myahgah Road, Mosman). Please complete the online form with a message of support stating how you believe this project will help the club, your team, our players and the wider Mosman community.
Categorised in: Uncategorised