It is critical that we comply with the requirements of the NSW Government’s Office of the Children’s Guardian’s requirements with respect to the Working With Children Check. Visit here for more information and instructions on how to apply for a WWC Number.
Football NSW has set requirements as detailed in this information sheet and summarised below.
All coaches and managers need to obtain a WWCC except for the following exemptions:
- persons under the age of 18
- refereees (who only referee games)
- volunteer parents who coach or manage their own child’s team
- volunteers who only coach or manage a close relative’s team
- canteen managers, canteen workers, caterers
- grounds persons
Exempt persons must:
- complete a FNSW Member Protection Declaration (MPD)
- provide their MPD to the club