- Register as a ‘coach’ and submit a current photo
- Ensure you comply with the Working With Children Check (WWCC) requirements
- Attend the Pre-Season Coach and Manager Briefing Session
- Collect training kit (training balls, bibs, cones) and match day kit (match ball, referee’s whistle, goalie gloves (if relevant)) – you will be informed when it is ready for collection
- Assist parents of new players with their registration and direct them to the online shop to purchase any required club kit
- Identify a coach and ensure they register and comply with WWCC requirements
- If the team wishes to appoint a club coach for training sessions, liaise with the Director of Coaching – collect funds from parents and deposit into the club’s bank account. Note that you will still require a volunteer coach for matches
- Liaise with the MiniRoos administrator to find a suitable training day and location
- Identify one or more parents in your team who can be the game leader (referee) for your home games
- Prepare and distribute a contact list
- Ensure all team parents know how to use SportsNoticeBoard (SNB)
DURING THE SEASON
- Keep the team informed about any information you receive from the Committee, VP and/or age coordinator
- Ensure parents check and respond to SNB so you can check availability of players for each game
- Ensure your team performs and set-up or pack-away requirements
- Arrange a roster of which family is to bring the refreshments to each match
- If you need to borrow players, please ask before the Thursday
- Organise team social events and ensure participation in club events e.g. gala days
- After each match – U9-U11
- You must SMS the result to the MFC Results Collector (0487 345 002) before 5pm on match day with the result and who you played – e.g. “Mosman U9 Hornets played xxx. Score was 9:0 to MOSMAN!!!”. Please be aware that you must do this for every match. MWFA will fine Mosman FC if results are not provided and Mosman will pass these fines onto the teams if they occur. You can also email the results to email@example.com.
- Note that these match results will not be published on either the MWFA or MFC websites. These records are only kept for the purpose of possible regradings during the season.
TEAM CONTACT LIST
- The team list will be emailed to you. This comes in pdf format and can be emailed directly on to all members of the team. You will also be emailed an Excel spreadsheet template that can be filled in using the information on the PDF sheet. Whilst this involves inputting data initially, the benefit is that it allows you to change data if it changes during the season.
- Email the spreadsheet to all team members and ask them to check their contact details
- The spreadsheet has a template for the fixtures for the season. The roster can be added to this so that when the fixtures list is emailed it will have the date that each family is on duty
- On the same spreadsheet, there is a list of duties for the family who is rostered on. It just about covers everything, but check it in case you want to add anything.
COMMUNICATING WITH TEAM MEMBERS
- Please ensure all parents provide up-to-date email and mobile phone details to allow efficient communication amongst the team
END OF SEASON
- Arrange a thank you gift for the coach
- Arrange to drop back the training/match day kit at the chosen time and place