While we try and hold all our training sessions and matches as scheduled, there are certain circumstances under which we can’t proceed.
When will a ground be closed?
- The Council may close a ground in order to conduct maintenance or because conditions make it unsafe to play on.
- We may decide that a ground is too dangerous to play on, or that too much damage would be done to the ground if it were played on.
- Electrical storms – see Football NSW’s Lightning Policy.
- Hot weather – see Football NSW’s Hot Weather Policy.
How will you know if a ground is closed for training or a match?
- Just because it is raining, do not assume a ground will be closed, or a match cancelled.
- Do not rely on Mosman Council’s Wet Weather information as there are times when we will discuss specific arrangements with them or even close a ground when council has left it open (conditions may change after council workers have finished work).
- We will post a message on our website which will appear on the home screen as an alert.
- That same message will appear on our Facebook Page.
Will my training session or match be moved or rescheduled?
- For our longer coaching programs (e.g. Academy, Development Squads, Team Coaching), we price them expecting an average number of wash-outs per season and so there is no rescheduling.
- For our shorter programs (e.g. master classes), we schedule a wash-out round which will only be used if a scheduled session is missed due to weather.
- Most of our training grounds are full during the week and so we can’t usually move sessions to another ground if one or more grounds are closed.
- For MWFA matches – MiniRoos matches do not get rescheduled, Youth and Senior matches may be moved to another field or time or will likely be rescheduled as per the matrix.
Why has my match been cancelled even though my field is open and available to play on?
- When a significant number of grounds across the association are closed due to wet weather, MWFA may cancel a full round for one or more divisions, even though a few grounds are playable. This is to try and ensure full rounds are played on the same day.